Oh yes I remember that besides bandrek there's more typical kind of beverage from west Java which I like it very much. The drink also similar like bandrek. the name of the drink wich i mean is bajigur. This drink is usually sold with a cart that includes a stove because this drink is more delicious if you drink in a warm state. Bajigur often drunk in the afternoon especially on a rainy day. Food is often served with boiled bananas bajigur is and boiled peanuts.
Here's a recipe to make bajigur.
• 5 teaspoons of coffee.
• ¼ teaspoon salt.
• 125 cc Javanese sugar syrup.
• 750 cc coconut milk from ½ coconut.
• 1 packet of vanilla.
• 150 grams of fruit Atep (and fro), washed and thinly sliced lengthwise, boiled until cooked.
How to make
• Combine the coffee, salt, sugar and coconut milk Java, and mix well. This mixture and cook, stirring, stirring until boiling over medium heat. Add vanilla.
• Enter Atep fruit slices that have been soft and ripe. Mix well. Remove and serve hot in a mug / cup with boiled banana or boiled peanuts.
I love bandrek, I love bajigur, I love West Java ...